It is without doubt that India is a beautiful place and for ages has been attracting people from all over the world to visit it at least once in their lifetime. The truth is that this county offers the tourists, both domestic and international with plenty of activities and endless attractions to indulge in. Being the 7th largest country in the world stretching from Himalayas to Kanyakumari and Rajasthan to West Bengal, there are indeed several mesmerizing travel destinations to explore. India’s rich history, tradition, legacy, culture and beauty is sure to touch the traveler and compel him to come back again for more.
Knowing the top places in the country to make a trip
If the traveler is interested to explore and get to know about ‘Incredible India’, then he should definitely visit them. The top tourist places are mentioned below that are worth the visit.
- Jammu & Kashmir: It is well known for its attractive natural phenomena and picturesque landscape. There are places like Srinagar, Yusmarg, Sonmarg and Pahalgam. This place is rightly termed as heaven on Earth due to its mesmerizing beauty.
- Leh, Ladakh: It is another preferred destination among travelers. One can get to hear humming sounds coming from the nearby Buddhist monasteries. The deserted Himalayan valleys comprises of natural beauties and spectacular views.
- Beaches in Goa: If beaches is what the traveler is interested in, then Goa is the right place, popular for its beautiful sunsets and bountiful beaches. Although the smallest Indian state, it boasts of some of the best and finest beaches in the country that is crowded throughout the year.
- Udaipur, Rajasthan: It is popularly called the Pink City, offering several attractions to tourists. One can come across the ancient forts, nostalgic historical places and memorable monuments, all of which display the city’s glorious past.
- Kerala backwaters: This place is being promoted as God’s own country. The backwaters here actually are brackish lagoons that are developed by network of river delta that flow into the Arabian Sea. Some of the backwater tourist destinations here are Kollam, Alleppey, Thottappally, Kumarakom, Cochin, Thiruvallam, etc.
- Taj Mahal, Agra: It is counted among the wonders of the world. This monument is regarded to be the epitome of devotion and eternal love of Shah Jahan, the then Mughal Emperor, who had constructed it in the memory of Mumtaz, his favorite queen. Tourists visiting the country should definitely visit this monument and not miss it.
- Golden Temple, Amritsar: It is a unique, beautifully designed Sikh architecture offering the world with the lessons of humility and egalitarianism. For the Sikhs all over the world, it is their holiest shrine and also visited by devotees of other religions for seeking blessings of the great Guru. The travelers are welcomed whole heartedly and offer everyone with heavenly experience.
The above are few of the interesting and exciting places to visit in India. Besides sightseeing, the tourist can also take back the memories with him/her that can be shared with the others back home.